When it comes to dating, we all want to find that person that we just click with. The person that shares the same values, goals, likes and dislikes that we do. But have you ever talked for hours on a date and then realized afterward that you don’t know anything about the person?
Have no fear! Here’s a list of the best dating questions to get to know someone and suss out your romantic compatibility! Plus, research has shown that asking first date questions increases your likelihood of a second date.
So forget those cheesy chat-up lines and read on to discover the top 50 dating questions to get to know someone as best you can on a first date. Ready to fall in love?
Likes and Dislikes
On a first date, asking someone about what they really love can help you get to know them better. They do say opposites attract, but if you loath pineapples on pizza, dating someone who loves them might be a bit annoying! Pizza and movie night with your date might not be so romantic if you disagree on one of the most important questions in life!
But seriously, talking about likes and dislikes can reveal a lot about a person. It helps you understand what makes them tick, how they choose to see the world, and what you both have in common.
So, what are some great dating questions to get to know someone and their likes and dislikes?
1. What is your favorite pizza topping?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is your dream holiday?
4. Are you a cat or dog person?
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
6. What is your favorite way to start the day?
7. What is your favorite weird fact?
8. What is your comfort movie?
9. Who is your favorite villain in film and TV?
10. What comedy show do you hate?
11. What is your star sign?
12. Do you believe in luck?
13. Are you a religious or spiritual person?
14. What amazes you?
15. What is a cause you care about?
16. Are you excited for the future?
17. Who inspires you the most?
18. What matters the most in life?
19. What makes you angry about the world?
20. If you could delete one thing from the world, what would it be?
21. What hobby do you want to try out?
22. What is your special talent?
23. What is the biggest risk you have ever taken?
24. What would your ten-year-old self think about you right now?
25. Do you enjoy your job?
26. What are you proud of?
27. Do you make New Year’s resolutions?
28. What is on your bucket list?
29. What is your dream place to live?
30. What lifestyle change do you want to make?
31. What was your worst date?
32. What was your favorite album as a teenager?
33. What is your happiest memory?
34. What was your favorite holiday?
35. What was your worst job?
36. What is your favorite retro video game and why?
37. What was the worst thing you have ever done?
38. Did you have any childhood pets?
39. What was your scariest experience?
40. What is your favorite memory from the last 12 months?
Wild Card Round
41. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
42. Are you an early person or a late person?
43. Do you believe in ghosts?
44. If you could time travel, where would you go?
45. Do you put the cereal or the milk in the bowl first?
46. Have you got a fun party trick?
47. What’s your favorite random food combination?
48. Who is your weird crush?
49. What film/TV show/band/artist is your guilty pleasure?
50. Has something strange ever happened to you that nobody believes?
What Are Your Favorite Dating Questions To Get To Know Someone?
We hope you love these fifty first date questions. We want to give you the confidence and help when meeting new people so you can find the right date for you! Are you ready to go out into the dating world and use these questions?
Have fun getting to know your date, who knows, maybe they love the same strange pizza topping as you?!
How Good Is Your Dating Profile? Let Us Tell You!
You’ve put together a dating profile and have been swiping for a while now, but you’re not quite sure how you’re doing. Sure, you’re getting
Quiz: Is It Attraction, Desire or Love? Here’s How To Tell
First off, what exactly is the difference between attraction, love, and desire? They all might seem like the same thing at times but there’s a
No Chemistry: 10 Signs It’s Missing and How to Get It Back
One of the most important dating questions is whether there’s a connection… When there’s no chemistry in a relationship, you’re missing out on all the